Makes: 4 servings
- 4, 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Lightly brush tortillas with oil on both sides and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for five to 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp on the edges and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Drop four egg whites into a Then, break whole eggs over whites to make four separate servings.
- Cook for two to three minutes per side until eggs are cooked.
- Place one egg on each tortilla shell and top each with 1 Tbsp. cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about two minutes until cheese melts.
- Spoon ½ cup fresh salsa around the edge of each shell.
Nutritional information for 1 serving
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fiber 3g
Total sugars 3g
Added sugars included 0g