Gingery Quinoa with Green Beans
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water or broth 2 cups green beans
- 2 ½ Tbsp. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Toast quinoa in a dry skillet over medium heat, constantly stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Put quinoa in a medium pot and add water or broth.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer until all of the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender (10-20 minutes).
- Set aside and leave uncovered to cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, microwave the green beans until just tender.
- Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine the quinoa, olive oil, sesame oil, green beans, lemon juice, soy sauce and ground ginger in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional information for 1 serving
Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 486 mg
Total carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary fiber 69
Total sugars 2 g
Added sugars included 0 g
Protein 7 g